Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Love and Life

Current mood: grateful


Just thinking... I Love Life. for all its pain all its tears.. all its joy and beauty.....LOVE LOVE LOVE Love it... And for that reason I'd like to share some quotes I found that speak a piece of my heart on the subject... Be well and live life my friends!

"Happy Day!"
-Toby (my 19 month old nephew)

You should always learn, with life comes wisdom and with wisdom comes the courage
to live your life selflessly. The more you learn about yourself and the experiences
surrounding your life the more opportunities you have to make your life better and more fulfilling.
-Amy Candy

Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.
- Leo Buscaglia



Life in abundance comes only through great love.
- Elbert Hubbard

Life without love is like a tree without blossom and fruit.
- Kahlil Gibran

Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
- Mahatma Gandhi

All stories teach us something, and promise us something,
whether they're true or invented, legend or fact
- Stewart O'Nan

There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

How could there be any question of acquiring or possessing,
when the one thing needful for a man is to become --
to be at last, and to die in the fullness of his being.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

The notion of looking on at life has always been hateful to me.
What am I if I am not a participant? In order to be, I must participate.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I still believe that peace and plenty and happiness can be worked out some way.
I am a fool.
--Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
--Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., Cat's Cradle

Believe in whatever harmless lies make you happy, healthy, brave and kind.
--Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. "Cat's Cradle:"

A thousand men enslaved fear one beast free.
- Victor Hugo

Make your thinking orderly and free from emotional
overtones, and you will see people and things as
they are, with clarity and charity
- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj



The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of childhood into maturity
--Thomas Henry Huxley

Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-imposed immaturity.
Immaturity is the inability to use one's understanding without guidance
from another. This immaturity is self-imposed when its cause lies not in
the lack of understanding, but in the lack of resolve and courage to use
it without guidance from another. Have courage to use your own understanding!
--Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they
revere
- Voltaire [Francois-Marie Arouet]

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
--Wilhelm Stekel

Love has no price. It is only love if it is free.
- Melody Beattle

Immature love says, 'I love you because I need you.'
Mature love says, 'I need you because I love you.'
--Erich Fromm

Give others freedom to be themselves. Appreciate
the differences between their ways and yours.
- Unknown

There are places I'll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all
-John Lennon

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
-John Lennon

last but not least........



Him that I love, I wish to be Free - Even from me.
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

No comments:

Post a Comment