Thursday, November 17, 2005

you can't always get what you want...?

Current mood: contemplative

Unfamiliar signs

I just wanted to be somewhere where I didn't recognize the names on the signs

I just want to know the me that I've been sruggling to find

Just wanted to find a life that I could share...

I just wanted you to be there.

We started on this journey arm in arm,side by side

now it looks as though we may have reached the end of the ride

but I am not to blame for the choices you have made

and I am not the one who has left traces on a razorblade

I've never claimed to be innocent a virgin holy and pure

but the demons you have placed on my face are not mine to be worn

I just wanted to reach a place where hearts are guides and not our minds

wanted you to meet a girl, the me that I've been trying to find

I just wanted to find a life that I could share...

and I just wanted you to be there.

Now I have never gone so far that I didn't recognize my own face

and it doesn't matter if I go my heart will still be at your place

all I ever wanted from this was a little piece of happiness

all I ever asked of you was to not give up on us this quick

this life is much to short to have this many headaches

these souls have too much value to put so much at stake

I just wanted to get somewhere with you and I followed all the signs

Just wanted to see where we could go and I've lost nothing but time

Just wanted to find a life that I could share...

and I just wanted you to be there.

I just wanted us to find the space inside where we would both be free

Just wanted to love you as long as you would let me

I just wanted to find a life that I could share...

and I just hoped that you would be there


-Kalee November 12th 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment