Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Perspectives....


Current mood: sad

My great aunt passed away over the weekend :( I have to go to her funeral in a few hours.. I hate funerals.. but I really feel like I should go... it made me really sad to learn that she was so excited about going to my surprise baby shower.. and when she first went to the hospital on thursday the first thing she said to my grandma and her other sister was a very glum and disappointed "I guess I can't go now..."..... My aunt terry was a really cool lady... short fiesty and firey... I remember when I was little I used to measure how quick I was growing by her... I would go up and stand next to her and say "only 2 more inches aunt Terry" and she'd say "Still not there yet Shorty"... The summer I finally overshadowed her (only by a half an inch!) I started calling her shorty... always did from then on..... :( She was one of my favorite relatives.. probably my favorite outside of my grandparents and my slightly crazy (but only cause he's a stubborn aquarius!) great uncle in California (who incidently is here for the week.. guess thats the one good part about funerals.....:( ) I didn't get to see her very often.. but I know my aunt will be missed.. by me and many, many others.....

On that note.... life is too short my friends... tell someone you love how much they mean to you... you never know what the next moment holds.... Be well everyone...

Perspectives

It feels like your life's crashing down all around you
Let me ask if it's really so bad
Look at the world in it's suffering
Can you honestly tell me that no one else could understand
All the hurting inside

Why can't you see that freedom is sometimes just simply another perspective away
Who could you be if your lens was changed for a moment,
Would you still be the same

A young child looks through a great stained glass window
Watching the people go by
Everyone seems to be wearing a red coat
His mother sees jackets in white
Now he can't understand why does she see it this way

Why can't you see that freedom is sometimes just simply another perspective away
Who could you be if your lens was changed for a moment,
Would you still be the same

Yesterday, you really couldn't see
By changing your angle a new world would be
Revealed to your once blinded eyes by moving a few degrees

Why can't you see that freedom is sometimes just simply another perspective away
Who could you be if your lens was changed for a moment,
Would you still be the same

-Jon Micah Sumrall

Currently listening:
Sea of Faces
By Kutless
Release date: 24 February, 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment